Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Herb Garden Shapes Up

Well the herb/onion garden is shaping up quite nicely!

Since I have had no issues with deer and herbs, I moved all of the perennial herbs (Chives, Winter Savory, Thyme, Oregano, Tarragon, Lemon Balm, & Lavender) out of the compound and into the garage garden. (except for the Lavender which I put by the front steps.) There is already a TON of Bee Balm (Bergamot) In there and I'm always pulling that out or giving it away. Love it, but not too much of it!

I actually really like how the garden looks in spring with all kinds of new growth and greenery. They always look so healthy and full of promise.

On top of that I planted 87 onions and 12 Shallots. There were only 12 in the package, I should have bought 2.

Compare the pic above with the one I took 12 days ago on the 16th and it's already grown A LOT!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you're right there has been some growth. Fun!

    This year I'm only branching out to plant strawberries and lavender! I might try some tomatoes in pots seeing as my daughter LOVES to pick fresh tomatoes from my neighbor's yard. (yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm growing some tomatoes from seed. You are welcome to some (and I guarantee they will work better than the ones from last year!)

    Strawberries are awesome because they come back every year!

    ReplyDelete