Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Romanesco Broccoli

Have you ever seen such pretty broccoli????

Romanesco Broccoli!

Yesterday I planted 14 plants! I have started many more seedlings than that and am having trouble deciding how many more to plant. I'll give the ones that I don't use to my brother and some gardening friends but first I need to decide how much is enough for me.

On one hand, this is supposed to be amazing tasting broccoli. On the other, since they were started and planted all at the same time, they will probably all mature at the same time. That's a lot of broccoli for 3 people. I don't know how this is frozen but I will try and freeze a few heads. Sure, I could give some to my parents and friends, but the garden exists mostly to grown food for us. Of course most people I know probably have not eaten this so it would be a real novelty to give away. Lastly, space. I think I have a lot of space this year, but I'm nervous because I don't want to fill it up with cool season vegetables to the point that I have little room leftover for summer stuff. (I've already decided only ONE zucchini!)

No comments:

Post a Comment