Thursday, April 16, 2009

In The Beginning

Well these spring pictures don't do much for me actually, but they are the start of my official homesteading project!

I will change the header as the garden grows or as I produce something a little more interesting than a deer fence! But oh, what a deer fence it is! NO STINKING WHITE TAIL DEER IS GOING TO MAKE IT'S WAY INTO MY FOOD THIS YEAR. Ok, now that that's off my chest, I actually DO have a few things growing in this backyard already.
Last year's leeks and some tarragon beginning to grow. Those leeks actually need to move soon to make way for some broccoli . Tiny Tiny Broccli Rabe



Oregano
Garlic!! I'm good at growing garlic. Ok, don't let me fool you, it's the easiest thing ever to grow!
The first pea shoots! I have been waiting so long for theses. I planted a little too early and didn't think they were ever coming up.
Flower garden that is becoming an Herb/Onion garden this summer. It's outside of the fence and deer won't eat herbs or alliums. Please notice my broken birdbath that, was knocked over by, what else, a deer.

Beginning of driveway bed. It was originally an old hedge row where I intended to plant grass. Right after the hedge was taken up someone gave me 6 zucchini plants. It was a great garden and retains heat from the driveway. Now I'm making it bigger. That big dent is where I drove through it this past winter. Obviously I'm not planting anything permanent here. I originally thought about a blueberry hedge but am rethinking that logic. I think turnips/beets/radish. Deer seem to leave those alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment